Tuesday 3 November 2009

Save Money - Buy a Used Japanese Car

I had been looking around for a good deal on a used car. I was told to check out Japanese used cars. Apparently Japanese used cars are selling at very low prices. Even if I add in the cost of transporting a used Japanese car from Japan to here it is still a great deal. I will have to arrange for the steering wheel to be changed from the right hand drive to a left hand drive. But that will not cost very much. I will still be able to get a quality used Japanese car even after shipping and changing the location of the steering wheel. There are a lot of Japanese used cars available several different used Japanese car dealerships websites.

I was unsure why used Japanese cars were so inexpensive. For the most part they seemed to be in excellent condition due to the Japanese rules regarding motor-vehicle inspections on any cars being exported. It turns out that Japan has some very tough rules on car emissions. Many Japanese cannot sell their cars in Japan. They don't pass the current emission requirements. They have turned to selling the cars to dealers, often through auctions, that export the cars. On top of that used Japanese cars are not seen as being very valuable after six year. There is a high depreciation on cars in Japan. So the cars go for very cheap. Japan has some very strict environmental laws making it very expensive for Japanese to dispose of their cars.

At first I was going to try and buy one directly from Japan and deal with all the paperwork myself. Then I found a local dealership that actually imports used Japanese cars regularly. They buy a bunch of them and then change the steering wheels right away. I saved myself a lot of time and money by going through them to get the car I wanted.
Sturat enjoys writing articles on topics like Japanese used cars and Japanese cheap cars. For more information, you may visit us.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Sturat_Mitchel

1 comment: